New Road Construction on Belsay, Lahring, and Grand Blanc Roads
Get ready for more slowdowns as new projects begin this week.
Now that the Fourth of July holiday is over, road construction projects are back in action. Drivers saw a bunch of projects put on hold to ease traffic for the holiday but those are now back on and new projects are beginning as well.
Where are the new projects?
The new projects include Belsay Road, Lahring Road, and Grand Blanc Road.
- Belsay Road project
- Starting tomorrow, July 7th, road crews will begin reconstruction on the Belsay Road Bridge over Thread Creek, just south of Kings Pointe Road.
- During the project, Belsay Road will be closed to thru traffic.
- This project is scheduled to be finished by Friday, October 1st.
- Grand Blanc Road project
- Also starting tomorrow, July 7th, crews will begin work on Grand Blanc Road from Dort Highway to the City of Grand Blanc.
- This project will consist of widening Grand Blanc Road into three lanes, along with adding a roundabout at Embury Road.
- This work zone will continue through Friday, November 12th.
- Lahring Road project
- Finally, for those traveling through Fenton, reconstruction on the Lahring Road bridge over US-23 will also start tomorrow, July 7th.
- Lahring Road will be closed between Torrey Road and North Road for the bridge repairs.
- This project is expected to be completed by Friday, July 30th.
I'm glad to see the roads getting fixed but driving anywhere in Genesee County right now is a pain in the butt. The project on Grand Blanc Road really screws up my daily driving as I live right in the middle of that work zone. To those of you affected by these projects, good luck!
Source: Genesee County Road Commission
MORE: Take a Look at These Abandoned Amusement Park Rides