Genesee County Road Closures Start This Week For MDOT Bridge Work
Spring time in Michigan means orange barrels will start popping up all throughout Genesee County.
MDOT is starting to set up some major bridge work projects in Genesee County that begin this week. The projects will involve numerous lane closures, and lengthy road closures. The MDOT project will last approximately a year and a half, and will repair or replace 16 bridges in Genesee County.
There are many areas in Genesee County that will be impacted by the construction. You can see the complete MDOT list here. In total, the projects are expected to cost just over $12 Million.
- March 16th to March 31st: I-75 Bridge over Court St in Flint. Expect shoulder closures on I-75 during that time, along with a temporary traffic light on Court St.
- March 22nd to May 30th: The ramp from NB I-75 to WB I-69 will be closed. There will also be lane closures on I-75 during that time, with some double lane closures during the overnight hours.
- April 5th to TBD: Maple Road bridge over I-75 will be rebuilt. This will be a big project as the bridge is being completely demolished and rebuilt. Maple Rd will be closed for several weeks, and SB I-75 will be closed at the bridge during select overnights.
There are a number of other bridge projects that are starting this summer, but MDOT has not released specific dates for them yet. They are listed below:
- Hill Rd bridge over US 23
- US 23 bridge over Swartz Creek
- Grand Blanc Rd bridge over US 23
- Thompson Rd bridge over US 23
- Lahring Rd bridge over US 23
- US 23 bridge over the Shiawasee River
- US 23 bridge over Silver Lake Rd
- Owen Rd bridge over US 23
You can always stay on top of MDOT road projects with their interactive map here. It shows real time traffic, along with a schedule of projects for any given area in Michigan.
See the Must-Drive Roads in Every State