Salvation Army of Flint Holding Final Christmas Assistance Signup Events This Week
This is the last week that you can sign up for Christmas assistance with the Salvation Army in Flint.
Normally this is the time of year where we are all starting to look toward the joy of the holidays. Thanksgiving and Christmas are both right around the corner, but the pandemic has changed the landscape for most of us. Lockdowns, and job losses have put all of us in a very tough situation, going into the holidays. Luckily there are great organizations like the Salvation Army to help us get through the holiday season.
If you or someone you know is in need of a helping hand this holiday season, you need to know that this is the last week to get signed up. The Salvation Army of Flint is trying to help make sure everyone that needs help, gets it by holding assistance sign up events this week. You can find the events below, and on the Salvation Army site here.
- Tuesday, November 10th, from 9a to 2p at 1475 W. Coldwater Rd.
- Wednesday, November 11th, from 9a to 7p at 211 W. Kearsley Street.
- Thursday, November 12th, from 9a to to 3p at 211 W. Kearsley Street.
If you would like to attend one of the registration events, you'll need to make sure you have the following things with you.
- Social Security Cards for all adults in the home, or a DHHS case summary
- Michigan ID
- Birth Certs or Soc Cards for all dependents in the house.
- Pay Stubs and any other proof of income, both traditional and non-traditional
- One piece of mail with home mailing address on it
The rescue Christmas campaign is a call for everyone to help. Right now the Salvation Army is working to find out who needs help. Over the next month, they will work hard to raise as much money as possible to help those in need. That's where everyone who does not need help, can do their part. Making a donation online or dropping whatever you can in the Red Kettle is what's needed most.
UP NEXT: Check Out These 10 Amazing Pictures of Michigan As Seen From Space