An Update on Hill Road Grand Blanc Traffic Signal Timing, Upgrades
In October last year, we reported the 2023 construction schedule/project list for Genesee County Road Commission. Surely, they'll be releasing plans for next year's project list in the next couple of months.
This summer, they've been working on traffic signal upgrades along Hill Road from Fenton Road to Saginaw Road.
Hill Road Traffic Signal Upgrades
Some of the timing of traffic signals along Hill Road has already improved. You can see they've installed new polls and crosswalk lighting at some intersections.
For the week of 08/28/23 through 09/01/23 you'll want to pay close attention to the intersection of Hill and Fenton Roads. They'll be completing work over the course of the week.
Which specific signals are being upgraded along Hill Road in Grand Blanc Township?
- Hill & Fenton Roads (project begins at this intersection)
- Hill Road at the SB I-475 Intersection
- Hill Road at the NB I-475 Intersection
- Hill Road at Grand Pointe Blvd (Entrance to Applebee's, Speedway on opposite corner)
- Hill Road at Westknoll Drive (The western most entrance/exit for Knowllwood Apartments)
- Hill Road at Porter Road (Halo Burger on the corner/Galaxy Lanes behind it)
- Hill Road at Dort Hwy
- Hill Road at Saginaw Road
That adds up to eight lights being replaced/upgraded for better timing.
Lane closures on Hill Road
Expect single lane closures. Try to avoid the areas if you can during the project. The workers in bucket trucks will appreciate your caution and patience.
There has been a lot of construction work in Genesee County this spring and summer. Frankly, it has been needed. Hopefully the weather cooperates over the next few weeks to wrap each project up on time.
"School" Road Paint Error in Front of Grand Blanc High School
What Does Premium Outlets in Birch Run, Michigan Look Like Today?
Best Tacos Around Flint and Genesee County