Mobile Food Distribution Dates Announced For Flint Residents
Flint residents are welcome to take advantage of mobile food distributions which will continue through the month of April. The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services is teaming up with the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan in order to provide "nutritious food by the truckload to Flint residents."
Food is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Organizing community food distributions are especially challenging during the coronavirus pandemic, and anyone needing assistance will be required to follow certain protocols. Customers are encouraged to stay in their vehicles and let volunteers place boxes containing food in the vehicle, in order to reduce contact. Volunteers will be required to wear masks, wash hands frequently, and use hand sanitizer.
Here are the April dates for distributions in the Flint area:
Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Hwy.:
- Thursday, April 1 at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, April 8, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, April 15, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, April 22, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, April 29, at 10 a.m.
St. Luke’s NEW Life Center, 3115 Lawndale Ave.:
- Friday, April 2, at 10 a.m.
- Friday, April 9, at 10 a.m.
- Friday, April 16, at 10 a.m.
- Friday, April 23, at 10 a.m.
- Friday, April 30, at 10 a.m.
Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 Ballenger Hwy.:
- Monday, April 5, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, April 12, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, April 19, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, April 26, at 10 a.m.
Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road.:
- Tuesday, April 6, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 13, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 20, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 27, at 10 a.m.
American Muslim Community Services, 4800 S. Saginaw St.:
- Saturday, April 10, at 9 a.m.
Questions pertaining to any mobile food distributions should be directed to 810-239-4441.