Alert: Oakland County, MI 2023 Roundabouts and Road Construction
Even in winter months, orange barrels are still spotted from lingering road construction projects around Oakland County. 2023 promises to be another year of massive investment by the Road Commission for Oakland County -- $40.3 Million of investment, to be exact.
Which roads in Oakland County, Michigan will be repaired and resurfaced?
- Grand River Avenue, Napier to Wixom in Wixom (center and left turn lane extensions included)
- Orchard Lake Road, south of Commerce Road to west of Middlebelt Road. This extends through Keego Harbor, Sylvan Lake, Orchard Lake Village and West Bloomfield Township.
- Walton Blvd, Clintonville to Pontiac city limits in Waterford Township
- Lahser Road, 13 Mile to just south of 13 Mile in Beverly Hills
- Dequindre Road from Avon Rd to Orchard Macomb Trail
Waldon Road is getting a giant upgrade from Clintonville to Baldwin in Independence and Orion townships. That gravel stretch will be paved -- $8.8 million is being invested in that improvement alone.
Which bridges have construction in Oakland County, Michigan?
- The structure on Dutton Road over Paint Creek in Oakland Township and the Rochester Hills area will be entirely replaced. Look for detours to be communicated later.
- The following bridges will receive preventative maintenance:
- Parkdale Road over Stoney Creek in Rochester
- Novi Road over the railroad in Novi
- Grand River Avenue over Kent Lake Road in Lyon Township
Where are the new roundabouts in Oakland County, Michigan?
Everyone's 'favorite' (sarcasm) thing will be spreading to more intersections around Oakland County -- $6.3 Million is dedicated to these projects.
- Waldon Road at Clintonville Road in Independence Township
- Orion Road at Stoney Creek Road in Orion Township. (More on that here)
- Greenfield Road at Normandy Road in Royal Oak/Beverly Hills
- Dequindre Road at 23 Mile Road on the Rochester Hills & Shelby Township border
These existing roundabouts will receive additional upgrades:
- Hadley Road at Oakwood Road in Brandon Township (left turn lane extension)
- Eaton Road at Davisburg Road in Springfield Township (paving the approach)
Additional funds are slotted for several culvert replacements (roadways over streams/wetlands). While many projects will be carried over from 2022 according to the Road Commission for Oakland County.