7 Chain Restaurants We’d Love In Flint, 1 Is Coming Soon
Not all chain restaurants are created equally. Some understand quality, service and atmosphere much better than others, too. Take Chick-Fil-A for example -- it's consistently good (all around) because the franchise demands it. In fact, here are things you'll never hear at Chick-Fil-A.
Seven Chain Restaurants We Need Around Flint, Michigan
- At first, you'll think Applebee's, Friday's or Ruby Tuesday. Now, think 180 degrees away from that. Everything is homemade, the atmosphere is welcoming, food quality and service are better, too.
- Perfect Location: Miller Road, Flint Township
Get our free mobile app
- People that haven't tried their food will insist it's "notta big deal." Wrong. One Spicy Deluxe Chicken Sandwich with Waffle Fries will change your mind. Plus, the ice in their pop is better than any other fast-food place you've had, too.
- Coming Soon -- Location: Miller Road & Austins Parkway on the old Sonic property.
3. Main Event
- Think Dave & Busters, but 10 times better. The variety and number of games available surpass D&Bs. Food variety & quality is better, too. Lifesize Super Mariokart anyone? For anyone that's ever said "there's nothing to do around here..." it's the perfect fix.
- Perfect Location: Tear down half of Courtland Center and build it there. (More businesses will come. Hey Burton, feel free to throw your own ideas out there, too.)
Related: 6 Businesses We Miss Around Flint
- Move aside Olive Garden -- better food, bar, dining room, atmosphere overall. Owned by the same company as Outback Steakhouse, but oddly operated a lot better than Outback. Order Pasta Positano for sure. Start with homemade bread with oil & seasonings and Spicy Sicilian Chicken Soup.
- Perfect Location: Linden & Miller Road area in Flint Township
5. Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (or any other family-owned cuisine they operate)
- Seafood lover or not -- hands down, this place has the highest level of service, consistency and over-the-top food & drink quality that will have you coming back again and again. It's an excellent place for business meetings and memorable family celebrations. It's well established in southern states and family-owned... which means it's not beholden to cookie-cutter corporate overlords.
- Perfect Location: Downtown Fenton, somewhere close to Andiamo.
- Think higher quality sports bar & general neighborhood hang-out spot. Over 100+ beers on tap. TVs everywhere and an atmosphere. There's a variety of flavor in foods from Spicy Tuna Stack and Poke Nacho appetizers to a giant menu offering tacos, burgers, pizza, chops, steak and more. (Think quality and consistency of The Cheesecake Factory without that vibe.)
- Perfect Location: Grand Blanc at the other end of Grand Mall (opposite Kroger), or Downtown near the new mixed-use development/beer garden project.
7 More Businesses We Miss In Genesee County
7. Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants
- Wine lovers and food enthusiasts would like this place a lot. It was founded in the Midwest and expanded around the country. They call it "upscale casual." It has that ambiance but isn't pretentious. Their award-winning wines even offer a club. Plus, special pairing & tasting events on the regular.
- Perfect Location: Downtown Fenton or Downtown Flushing -- it would be a destination spot.
20+ Good Eats: Genesee County, MI Restaurant Bucket List
Best Bars and Restaurants In Genesee County, MI
Michigan's Most Expensive Restaurant
Shiawassee County's Best Restaurants
Try these restaurants, bars, diners and grills around Shiawassee County. You'll love the food and atmosphere every single time.
10+ Good Eats: Lapeer County, MI Dining Bucket List
Great restaurants and bars to try in Lapeer County with friends and family.