Turtle Creek Casino and Leelanau Sands Casino Open May 29th
On Friday, two more casinos in northern Michigan will be open for business.
If you are itching to get back to the gaming floor, two casinos in northern Michigan will be open for business on Friday at 8 am. Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel along with Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge will once again open their doors to the public. New covid-19 procedures and other precautions will be in place as customers arrive.
Here are some of the things that the casinos will be doing to help protect customers and staff:
- Limited capacities for each casino. Only 350 guests at a time in Turtle Creek Casino and 125 guests at a time in Leelanau Sands Casino.
- Customers entering the casino are required to wear a mask.
- No smoking will be allowed indoors.
- Temperature screenings for all guests and staff. No one will be allowed in with a temperature over 100.4 degrees.
- Only one-third of the gaming machines will be active.
- Table games will be limited to only three people and only every other table will be open.
- Self-serve beverage machines will be closed. Complimentary soda and coffee will be available at the bars.
For a complete list of new rules and guidelines, click here.
Turtle Creek Casino is located on M-72 in Williamsburg. I had a chance to visit Turtle Creek Casino last summer when I went camping in Traverse City. It is not a huge casino, but I enjoyed my time there. Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge is on N West Bay Shore Drive in Peshawbestown and they are still on my bucket list to visit.
Source: Leelanau Sands