Roseville Toddler Barely Survives After Eating Mother’s Heroin
An 18-month-old Macomb County child was rushed to the hospital over the weekend after accidentally ingesting heroin. The heroin belonged to the child's mother.
According to the Michigan State Police, a Metro North Trooper was patrolling in the area of Little Mack and Masonic in the city of Roseville when he was flagged down by a frantic motorist who said her baby was not breathing.
As the trooper walked up to the vehicle, the woman immediately handed her child to him. The trooper called EMS and then started a sternum rub on the 18-month-old. This helped and the baby started breathing again. EMS then arrived on the scene and took over.
A dose of Narcan was administered after it was revealed that the child had ingested heroin. Yes, the mother had heroin in her vehicle that was obviously within arm's reach of her child. After the dose of Narcan, the child was breathing better and was rushed to a hospital and was listed in critical condition. The child is now is stable condition.
To top it off, there was also a three-year-old in the vehicle as well.
The mother and three-year-old were also taken to the hospital. The three-year-old was checked out and held at the hospital to be transferred to Child Protective Services.
The mother was arrested and taken to the Macomb County jail but transported back to the hospital for some reason.
The prosecutor’s office is still investigating and trying to decide what charges she may face.
It makes me sick to my stomach to think that this child could have easily died that day had it not been for that trooper that stopped to help.