‘Monster Bash’ This Sunday in Lapeer to Benefit Paradise Animal Rescue
Bring your fur babies out this weekend for a craft show and fundraiser for a great cause!
I don't know about your house, but AJ just bought our dog's Halloween costume and she's itching to take her out in it. Our dog? Not so much. If you've got your pet's costume and you're ready to go, here's a great event for you.
Paradise Animal Rescue is having their annual Monster Bash this Sunday, October 18th at the American Legion Hall, located at 1701 W. Genesee Street in Lapeer from 11 AM til 4 PM.
There will be over 40+ vendors and crafters, as well as a treat walk for you and your family, so make sure that everyone is dressed up in their spooky best and ready to go. There will also be a 50/50 raffle and other raffles throughout the day.
Tickets are $1 and all proceeds go to the rescue. Donations such as toys, food, treats, blankets, etc. are welcome.
As for Paradise Animal Rescue, they do not receive any local, state or federal funding and rely solely on donations. They are a 501(c)(3) organization; this event has been postponed because of COVID-19 and is very important to the rescue for funds and donations.
1. To assist in decreasing the overpopulation of cats and dogs in Lapeer County. (i.e. endorsing early-age spay/neuter, alteration prior to adoption and feral cat spay/neuter programs.)
2. To find permanent homes for spayed/neutered, fully tested and vaccinated homeless pets.
3. Humane Education -To support animal safety and the prevention of animal cruelty through the promotion of humane treatment of all animals and supporting a ban on cosmetic procedures in animals.
4. To give appropriate medical treatment to minimize the suffering of sick, injured or abused cats and dogs and to practice updated health care guidelines that aid in the prevention and control of infectious disease.
5. To assist in the safe return of lost pets to their rightful homes.
So dress up the kids (including masks, *wink wink*) and the fur kids and bring them out on Sunday for a good cause!