Magnifying Glass Sparks Fire at Mid-Michigan Art Van Furniture Strore
A magnifying glass is being blamed for a fire that started inside the Art Van Furniture store in Saginaw Sunday (11/26). Bright sunshine, which shone through the showroom window, aligned with the magnifying glass and caused decorative items in the display to catch fire.
Kochville Township Fire Chief Alan Malesky tells WNEM that employees acted quickly and poured water on the fire.
"The employee did a real good job recognizing it quickly, put water on it, got the display outside," Malesky said. "Another police officer arrived on scene and used a fire extinguisher on the rest of the fire."
The store plans to reopen Monday.