Flint Gun and Knife Show Happening This Weekend
- Saturday, March 27th 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Sunday, March 28th 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Precautions in place for the event include the following,
- Masks required, must cover mouth and nose (mandatory)
- Temperature checks
- Social distancing (6 feet)
- Limited number of staff and customers
- Following aisle directions
- Sanitation stations available
- All attendees must sign a waiver
According to the event website, all federal, state and local firearm ordinances and laws must be obeyed. Private collectors are welcome. Hand gun buyers are instructed to have pistol permits ready. NCIS and FBI background checks are required on long gun sales and Michigan CPL holders, with CPL's dated before November 22, 2005. I have no idea what any of that means, but if you are educated about guns and gun ownership, I am sure you do.
Admission prices are as follow,
- General: $7.00
- Children 12 & under: Free (No one under 18 years of age will be admitted without a guardian)
- Active Military and Senior Citizens: $1.00 off
- All patrons can take advantage of a dollar off coupon here.
If you are bringing a firearm into the show, per the event Facebook page - these steps must be followed,
- Bring the firearm in with no ammunition in the weapon.
- Notify security if you have any ammunition. They will check in all ammunition as you enter.
- Have firearm inspected and safety strapped so that it may not operate inside the show.
- Be sure to stop back and retrieve ammunition on your way out of the show. All straps on firearms may be removed at that time. The only exception to this rule is if you are a police officer with badge and I.D. Or an officer on duty in uniform.
If you can't make it out this weekend for some reason, the Lapeer Gun & Knife Show is scheduled for Friday, April 30th, and Saturday, May 1st, at the Lapeer Center Building.