Following Terrible Fire, Will Midland, MI Still Get A Benihana?
We first reported in April 2022 Benihana would be coming to the Tri-Cities, replacing the former Genji locations in Saginaw and Midland, MI. Genji was a Japanese Steakhouse uniquely featuring a karaoke bar.
When will the new Benihana open in Midland, MI?
- Genji was temporarily closed "until further notice" as of January 11, 2023. That was supposed to be for remodeling and conversion to Benihana. According to a report by Midland Daily News, they hoped to have it open in March 2023. The owners told MDN they were intrigued by how well Benihana navigated and succeeded through the pandemic and wanted to be a part of that.
- All of that changed when the building 2929 S Saginaw Rd, Midland, MI 48640. caught fire on February 4th. Only a pile of rubble remains.
I'm glad the family was able to open up in Saginaw. Hopefully they'll be able to rebuild in Midland at some point.
Where is Benihana located in Saginaw, MI?
- Saginaw's new Benihana is located in the old Genji location at 3870 Bay Road, Saginaw, MI 48603. If you're wondering where you could still find a Genji location, a quick search says Novi, is the closest.
What kind of restaurant is Benihana?
- Benihana is a Japanese Steakhouse that started in the 1960s. Think hibachi, where chefs cook the food in front of you with flare. They have sushi, sake and fantastic flavors.
- Check out this clip of the chef's impressing diners:
We'd be happy to welcome you in Genesee County whenever you're ready.
Indulge: 11 Midland County, MI Restaurants With Bold Flavors
Stunning Water Views At 12 Restaurants On Michigan's East Coast
12 Popular, Must-Try Restaurants, Bar & Grills In Bay County MI
Delicious Dining: Saginaw County's 11 Must-Try Popular Eateries