Final Week To Sign Up For Holiday Assistance From The Salvation Army
The holiday's are not the most wonderful time of the year for many people. As if things are not stressful enough right now, the added pressure of having Christmas presents under the tree is weighing heavy on a lot of area families.
If you live in Genesee County and need help this holiday season, first of all do not be afraid or embarrassed to ask, and second of all - this is your final week to register for assistance. You can do so at the following Salvation Army locations,
- Tuesday, November 10th, from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM at 1475 West Coldwater Road.
- Wednesday, November 11th, from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM at 211 West Kearsley Street.
- Thursday, November 12th, from 9:00 AM to to 3:00 PM at 211 W. Kearsley Street.
If you are planning to attend one of the above registration days, you will need to bring the following documents with you,
- Michigan I.D.
- Social Security cards for ALL adults in the household. Food Stamp Case Action Notice from DHHS will also be accepted instead of the Social Security cards.
- Birth certificates and Social Security cards for ALL dependents in the home (must be able to provide proof of legal guardianship). Food Stamp Case Action Notice from DHHS will also be accepted instead of birth certificates and Social Security cards.
- Proof of income for the last 30 days. Acceptable documents include the following:
- Pay stubs
- Child Support Statement
- Social Security/SSI/SSDI
- Workman’s Comp.
- Food Stamp Case Action Notice (not more than 6 months old)
- One piece of mail with current address.
Masks will be required. If you have additional questions, please call (810) 232-2196.