Save The Rage: Genesee County’s 8 Most Hated Parking Lots, Ranked
It's official, lots of Genesee County residents have named their least favorite parking lots. 'Maddening' was one commenter's word. Driving and parking is hard -- like the Grand Blanc Wal-Mart lot... which oddly didn't make the list.
Genesee County's Eight Worst Parking Lots
Ranked by audience feedback based on parking lot conditions (potholes, patches) and/or poor overall design. Ranking in descending order (number 8 to number 1) least offensive to worst.
8. Flint Township, Miller Road Target, Jo-Ann Fabric, Bed Bath & Beyond, Olive Garden
- Reason: Awful design. People don't obey lane direction in order to speed across the empty portions of the parking lot. Then, only one traffic signal at the main entrance/exit... the only place you can safely turn left when leaving.
7. Dollar Tree Grand Blanc Parking Lot off South Saginaw Street.
- Reason: Poor design. It's not Dollar Tree's fault. There's a carwash and another business all around the building. Backing out or parking could mean someone speeding through to hit you. Don't even think of turning left into or out of there.
6. Rite Aid, Pierson Road in Flushing.
- Reason: Poor design. The entrance/exit area is treated like a shortcut by drivers avoiding the traffic signal. You can't drive through AutoZone's lot to exit further away from the intersection either. Good luck making a left into or out of there.
5. Clio Plaza M-57/Vienna Road, Clio
- Reason: Poor condition, too big for remaining businesses. One traffic signal where traffic will back up. Plus, grass growing through deteriorating patches of pavement from the 80s... and a pile of gravel at one end? There's sooooo much opportunity to redesign this whole space and make it useful, functional for the Clio community. That's not knock any business -- a lot has changed in Genesee County over the years.
4. Fenton & Hill Road - Taco Bell, Starbucks, Jersey Mike's
- Reason: This one is poorly designed. Lots of businesses, drive-throughs and a crazy-busy intersection to boot. At least it's a newer lot and smooth.
3. Burton, Belsay & Court Street - Dollar Tree, Family Farm & Home, Volunteers of America Thrift Store, KFC (Old Kmart, Kessel/Kroger, 84 Lumber).
- Reason: Similar to the Clio Plaza, this lot is in terrible shape. It needs work, but probably not at the top of any repair budget.
2. South Flint Plaza Fenton & Hemphill, Taco Bell
- Reason: In awful shape. Most of the strip mall has been abandon. Taco Bell's area is decently maintained -- it's the paved entrance & exit surfaces around it. You'll need new tires or entire car after hitting those craters. Good news: The whole plaza area is supposed to be redeveloped soon.
1. The Grand Mall, South Saginaw Road, Grand Blanc -- Kroger
- Reason: Poorly designed. Nobody wants to park far away from the main Kroger entrance. The fringe spots toward the center of the mall parking lot and perimeter aren't as bad. Plus, it's just congested all the time. Bad news: It's never going to change. The mall can't be moved back on the lot.