Roof Sit for Whaley Children’s Center 2020 – How It’s Different, How It’s the Same
Even though things will look a bit different this year, our mission and goal are exactly the same.
If you have no idea what I'm talking about, allow me to share with you some of our Roof Sit videos from years past.
There was the year that we got evacuated multiple times because of severe weather...
...and then, there was the year when it was ungodly hot for the entire three days...
...and then, there was the year where we took our goal and CRUSHED IT.
The question is, what will THIS YEAR look like?
As far as the forecast, it looks like it will be another year of ungodly heat and possibly a thunderstorm or two.
As far as everything else, it's 2020, so of course, everything is...different.
HERE'S WHAT'S STAYING THE SAME:
- We'll be living on the roof of the McDonald's in Grand Blanc (corner of Saginaw and Holly) from Wednesday, July 15th - Friday, July 17th to raise money for the Whaley Children's Center, which houses 42 neglected and/or abused children in Flint.
- We'll gladly accept any and all of your donations!
HERE'S WHAT'S DIFFERENT:
- For the first year, it will be JUST THE THREE OF US on the roof. No interviews, no guests
- There will be limited staff on the ground to collect donations; those who are working will be socially distancing
- Those collecting donations WILL be wearing masks
We are STRONGLY encouraging online donations this year, to keep everybody healthy and safe while still raising money for Whaley.
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING FROM THE SAFETY OF YOUR OWN HOME TO HELP THEIR HOME AT WHALEY.