Most Expensive & One of the Largest Homes in America is Now For Sale: Look
The size is just as mind-blowing as the price. Known as "The One", the Bel Air home stakes claim to be the most expensive home in America, is now officially on the market, and might be heading for auction.
The 105,000 square-foot Los Angeles megamansion, located on Airole Way, was listed on Friday, January 7th, for $295 million, making it the most expensive listing in the U.S. If the price seems insane, you're right, but let's take it a step higher. The home was built to have an asking price of $500,000,000. Not only is the asking price millions less, but the home will also head to an online auction next month as part of the selling process.
According to CNBC, the passion project of former film producer turned real estate developer, Nile Niami, was built to be “the biggest, most expensive home in the urban world", but it didn't work out that way. For the record, it is ONE of the largest privately-owned mansions but falls behind the Biltmore Estate in North Caroline at 178,926 square feet, and Oheka Castle in New York measuring 109,000 square feet.
The home, which was set to originally hit the market back in 2017, was plaqued by repeated delays, funding problems, and changing plans. The result? Niami defaulted on more than $165 million in loans and debt, and the home went into receivership.
What is "The One"?
It's like nothing you have ever seen, and too much to truly explain. Perched high above the city, the 105,000 square foot masterpiece contains everything you could dream and things you couldn't fathom. Here's a brief rundown:
- 21 bedrooms / 42 bathrooms
- 5000 square-foot Master Bedroom with private pool
- 6 Elevators
- 360-degree views of the Pacific Ocean, downtown Los Angeles and the San Gabriel Mountains.
- 5 pools, including a massive moat that runs around the property
- 30 car garage
- Nightclub with private entrance with both indoor & outdoor seating
- 10,000-square-foot sky deck & 400-foot private outdoor running track with a glass-walled view of the city
- Private home theater that seats 40 people
- 10,000-bottle wine cellar
- Private salon & spa
That's just the beginning. So the question is, was Niami a visionary, or flamboyantly crazy? Either way, "The One" is one you need to see to believe.
Take a look inside of an American architectural marvel.