I Scream, You Scream, For These Genesee County MI Ice Cream Shops to Open
We admit we may be pushing the envelope a little. We're anxious for really nice weather to get here and we're not going to apologize. We want ice cream.
As nice weather is ushered in, we get more opportunities to do things outdoors, to enjoy vacations, and to treat the kids (and ourselves) when their team does well, when they bring home good report cards, or when we just feel like spoiling them.
When Do Our Favorite Ice Cream Shops Open?
We checked with several local ice cream shops around the Flint area to find out when they are planning to start serving up multiple scoops of deliciousness, in a waffle cone of course.
The good news is, there are a couple of shops that have already opened for the season. Three area ice cream shops have already flipped over the 'open' sign while Cops and Robbers' downtown Flushing location informs us that they stay open year round. Now we're talking.
The Following Shops Have Already Opened for the Season:
- The Corner Cone in Davison (Open 1 pm to 9pm Sun through Thurs, 1 pm to 10 pm Sat/Sun)
- Uncle Ray's Dairyland in Fenton (Open seven days a week, noon to 9 pm)
- Ziggy's Ice Cream in Grand Blanc (Open noon to 9 pm Mon through Sat, 9 am to 5 pm Sun)
The Following Shops Are Opening Soon:
- Cops and Robbers, Flushing Road locations, opening soon in April
- Feather 'n Fin in Swartz Creek, opening in a few weeks, according to management
- Mayberry Ice Cream in Davison, opening on April 15
- Twist Ice Cream in Swartz Creek, planning to open during the last week of April
- Kearsley Kone in Flint, planning to open on May 1 (weather dependent)