Flint-Area Cooling Centers Provide Relief
Remember when we were kids, and didn't have air conditioning? Seriously, how did we manage?
Sometimes my parents would pile us into the car, and we'd drive. Aimlessly. For hours. It was arguably almost as bad as staying at home and enduring the heat.
- The Grand Blanc Senior Center on Pagels Drive is available for persons 60 and older.
- Flushing' Senior Center is open until 9 p.m. tonight.
- The Carman Ainsworth Senior in Flint Township is also open.
- Flushing United Methodist Church on E. Main St. has opened its door for anyone who needs to cool off.
- Other options include seeing a movie, shopping at the mall, or just take your time grocery shopping.