Emagine Theatre in Birch Run Evacuated Last Night for Trash Can Fire
This is why we can't have nice things.
Emagine Theatre in Birch Run had to be evacuated last night after a patron, who was smoking in the bathroom, tossed their lit cigarette into the trash and started a fire.
According to Emagine CEO Anthony LaVerde, "A patron was smoking in the restroom, threw the cigarette into the trash and it caught on fire. No guests were harmed in the incident. Staff reacted immediately and the fire was extinguished.”
They are expected to be open for business as usual today.
I had no idea that people went to movies on Monday nights! So many questions - people still smoke cigarettes? And they smoke INSIDE? Yikes.