See Vibrant Holiday Lights at Flint, MI’s Amazing Crossroads Village
In the Flint, MI area, we're fortunate to have such an amazing holiday attraction in Crossroads Village & Huckleberry Railroad.
It's not only an attraction for Christmastime, but a tradition for so many families.
How many lights can you see at Crossroads Village?
We talked with Melissa Mahan, Crossroads Village Manager, to get the scoop on all things related to the beautiful lights on display in the park.
Plus, you'll see amazing pictures of some displays you can view, in person.
How many visitors does Crossroads Village have each holiday season?
- Last year, 2022, Crossroads Village had around 44,000 visitors.
How long does it take to put the lights up? Take down?
- Lights start going up in September (during Halloween set up). It takes about three months to get all of them in place.
- It takes less than a month to get them down.
Did any of your lights / displays come from Bronner's?
- Many of the displays come from Bronner's and produced by carpenter display.
How long does it take to wrap the giant tree in lights? Take down?
- They start wrapping the Tree of Lights in September. It takes about three months to wrap. If all goes well about 1-1.5 months to take down.
How many lights are strung throughout the village?
- Over 1,000,000 lights are displayed through Crossroads Village during the holiday season.
What do I need to know before making a trip to Crossroads Village?
Please know, we have many more pics to show you of all the lights, below. Here's the info to plan your visit to Crossroads Village.
Will there be drive through nights this year?
- Yes, you can drive through this year for $10 per car.
- Drive-through dates are Monday December 4, 11, 18 from 5pm-9pm.
- Drive-through date Sunday Christmas Eve 5pm-9pm.
What else can we do at Crossroads Village?
There is so much more to do and places to visit (shop) at Crossroads Village & Huckleberry Railroad around the holidays, too.
- Village Artisans
- Historic Home (Staffed)
- Vintage Amusement Rides (including 1912 C.W. Parker Carousel)
- Off Broadway Holiday Show in the Opera House
- General Store and Candy Shop open for shopping
- Queen Nuts (roasted almonds and kettle corn)
They recommend advance reservations for the train on their website (or call 810-736-7100 ext. 6).
Follow their social media for details on great programs and events set for summer 2024, too.
See Crossroads Village and Huckleberry Junction Holiday Lights
Gallery Credit: Nate Reed
Warm Up with 18 of the Best Restaurant Soups in Genesee County
Gallery Credit: Nate Reed
Light Up Genesee County: Glowing Entries in 2022
Gallery Credit: Credit: Sophie Kephart