Burton Fire Department Rescues Dog from House Fire – The Good News [PHOTO]
They say that it's rare to find an animal alive in a house fire.
Burton firefighters Doug Hedrick and Joe Johnson were on duty on Thursday afternoon, and they were making their way through a house that was filled with smoke and flames when they found a dog under a bed.
The dog was unresponsive, but they managed to get it out of the house and give it some oxygen, which is when the dog came to. The dog's name is Chopper, and with the help of Swartz EMS staff, he's doing just fine.
The family wasn't home at the time. Great work, everybody! Woof!