A Bald Eagle Has Died from Lead Poisoning in Michigan’s UP
Before you even ask, NO. The eagle was NOT drinking Flint water.
A bald eagle was brought to the Chocolay Raptor Center in Michigan's upper peninsula. The eagle was found injured in the woods near the Iron River. The raptor center brought the eagle to a veterinarian, where an x-ray revealed that the bird had pellets in its stomach.
It's believed that the pellets were made out of lead.
The initial plan was to take the eagle to a rehab center for animals in Wisconsin called Wild Instincts. Sadly, the eagle died before it could be transported.
The eagle's body will be taken to the Michigan Department of Natural Resources for a necropsy to determine cause of death.