Where to See Fireworks in Oakland County
Last week I posted a list of places that you can watch fireworks in Genesee County and other hot spots in Northern Michigan. This week I wanted to pass along some other options that aren't too far away.
Normally the list below would be a heck of a lot longer but there were a lot of canceled fireworks events in Oakland County this year. A lot of those decisions were made months ago before we knew for sure where we'd be with the pandemic.
Here's a list of places you can watch fireworks in Oakland County this summer (not just on the 4th of July).
• Independence Township fireworks display: 10 p.m., July 4, (rain date July 5) from the top of the Pine Knob ski hill, indetwp.com. There is no parking onsite at either Pine Knob Ski Resort or DTE Energy. They would prefer people watch from their homes.
Davisburg/Oakland County Parks
• Oakland County Fair: July 9-18 with fireworks at 10 pm on July 9 at Springfield Oaks County Park.
• Jubilee Carnival: June 24-27, downtown Lake Orion, fireworks at dusk over Lake Orion on Saturday, June 26.
• Fireworks at Kensington Metropark: 10 pm on July 2 at Kensington Metropark, Milford.
• Fireworks: July 2 at Brandon Middle School in Ortonville. Fireworks at dusk.
• 4th Annual Cars Under the Stars Fireworks Spectacular: 6-10:30 p.m. June 27, fireworks at 9:45 p.m., live music, food trucks and craft beers.
Festival of the Hills Fireworks Show: Aug. 11, Earl E. Borden Park, 1400 E Hamlin Road, Rochester Hills. Fireworks at 9:36 p.m.
• Lake Oakland Fireworks: June 26 on Lake Oakland, fireworks at dusk
• Hot Blues & BBQ and Fireworks: 6-10 p.m. July 22, Sibley Square Park.