Springsteen Arrested, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Nominees 2021: The Dish
All that's Hollywood and celebrity...it's The Dish for Thursday, February 11, 2021. Here's the latest.
The Boss himself was arrested for DUI in New Jersey of all places! Bruce Spingsteen, who just starred in a Jeep ad that aired during the Super Bowl, was apparently arrested back in November. Springsteen had been riding his motorcycle in a federal park and stopped to talk to some fans that asked for a picture with the singer and offered him a shot of tequila, which he took. Park Police spotted him taking the shot and immediately pulled Springsteen over. It's reported that his blood-alcohol level was only 0.02 with the legal threshold in New Jersey being .08 according to Ashbury Park Press. Since the incident Jeep has pulled the ad staring Springsteen while things get sorted out. There's no official date on when Springsteen will have his hearing on the matter.
The 2021 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame nominees were announced Wednesday, with a pretty diverse list of possible inductees.
“This remarkable ballot reflects the diversity and depth of the artists and music the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame celebrates,” said John Sykes, Chairman, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Foundation, in a statement. “These Nominees have left an indelible impact on the sonic landscape of the world and influenced countless artists that have followed them.”
This years nominees are:
- Mary J. Blige (First-time nominee)
- Kate Bush (Previously nominated in 2018, 2021)
- Devo (Previously nominated in 2019, 2021)
- Foo Fighters (First-time nominee)
- The Go-Go’s (First-time nominee)
- Iron Maiden (First-time nominee)
- JAY-Z (First-time nominee)
- Chaka Khan (Previously nominated in 2016, 2017, 2021)
- Carole King (Previously nominated in 1989, 2021)
- Fela Kuti (First time nominee)
- LL Cool J (Previously nominated in 2010, 2011, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021)
- New York Dolls (Previously nominated in 2001, 2021)
- Rage Against the Machine (Previously nominated in 2018, 2019, 2021)
- Todd Rundgren (Previously nominated in 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Tina Turner (Previously nominated in 1987, 2021)
- Dionne Warwick (First-time nominee)
The inductees will be announced in May. The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2021 Induction Ceremony will take place in Cleveland, Ohio in the fall.
Get the "Dish" every morning at 6:30am and 8:30am on Mornings with Clay & Lisa Marie.
ALSO: PEEK INSIDE JON BON JOVI'S NEW $43 MILLION PALM BEACH MANSION