Some Michigan Road Projects Suspended for Memorial Day Weekend
78 of the 112 road projects in Michigan are being put on hold for the weekend.
To make travel a bit easier on the thousands of people who will be going out-of-town for the Memorial Day holiday, MDOT has announced the suspension of over half of the road construction projects throughout the state.
Here's the info from their website:
- M-59 will have two eastbound lanes open at night from Delco Boulevard to Garfield Road.
- I-75 has two lanes open in each direction with two-way traffic sharing the northbound lanes between M-59 and Coolidge Highway. In addition, the following ramps are closed and detoured:
- Eastbound M-59 ramp to southbound I-75,
- Eastbound I-75 Business Loop (Square Lake Road) ramp to northbound I-75,
- Northbound I-75 ramp to westbound I-75 Business Loop (Square Lake Road), and
- Southbound I-75 ramps to and from Adams Road.
- M-5 has all northbound lanes closed between 12 Mile Road and Pontiac Trail. 13 Mile, 14 Mile, and Maple roads will all have one lane open in each direction at intersections with M-5. The southbound M-5 indirect left-turn lanes to eastbound 14 Mile Road and eastbound 13 Mile Road are closed.
- The Calvert Avenue bridge will be closed over M-10 for bridge construction.
- I-75 has all southbound lanes closed between Springwells Street and Northline Road for bridge work.
- I-75 will have up to two southbound lanes closed at night at West Road.
- I-75 will have the following closures at M-10 with detours posted:
- Northbound I-75 ramp to northbound M-10,
- Southbound I-75 ramp to southbound M-10, and
- Northbound I-75 service drive and ramp at northbound M-10.
- I-94 Business Loop (Michigan Avenue) in Jackson, Jackson County, will have one eastbound lane open with westbound traffic detoured between Brown Street and Steward Avenue.
- US-23, Washtenaw and Livingston counties, will have traffic shifted between 8 Mile Road and Barker Road, with ramp closures.
Central Michigan and Thumb
- Wheeler Road, Bay County, will be closed at M-13 with traffic detoured on Monitor Road, Wilder Road, and 2 Mile Road.
- I-75/I-675 interchange, Saginaw County, has lane closures and traffic shifts at the north junction between Exit 154 and Exit 160. Three lanes will be open in the peak direction of travel with a moveable barrier wall.
- M-24, Lapeer County, has traffic shifts and lane closures in effect from Nepessing Road to Davis Lake Road. One lane will be open in each direction.
- M-57 in Clio, Genesee County, has lane closures to accommodate city work. One lane will be open in each direction.
- M-83 in Frankenmuth, Saginaw County, has one lane open in each direction over the Cass River.
- US-127 Business Route in Mt. Pleasant, Isabella County, is closed at North Mission Road with traffic detoured to M-20 (Pickard Road) and US-127.
- Blue Star Highway in South Haven, Van Buren County, is closed over the Black River with a posted detour.
- I-94, Berrien County, has the eastbound lanes shifted from Hennessey Road to the Van Buren County line.
- I-94, Berrien County, has two eastbound lanes open from Bridgman (Exit 16) to Stevensville (Exit 23).
- I-94, Van Buren County, has two lanes open in each direction over the Paw Paw River with a traffic shift.
- I-196 Business Loop, Van Buren County, has traffic shifted at Blue Star Highway in South Haven.
- M-99 in Albion, Calhoun County, is closed and detoured.
- I-196 in Grandville/Georgetown Township, Kent County, will have the westbound ramp to westbound M-121 (Chicago Drive) closed due to local sewer work. Detour posted.
- US-31 Business Route (Colby Road), Muskegon County, is closed between Franklin and Lake streets. Detour posted.
- US-131, Kent County, has a split-merge traffic shift between 14 Mile and 17 Mile roads with two lanes open in each direction (two northbound lanes and one southbound lane on the northbound side, and one southbound lane on the southbound side).
Northern Lower Peninsula
- I-75, Ogemaw County, will have traffic shifts and merges south of West Branch. The northbound I-75 Rest Area will be closed.
- Old US-131, Wexford County, is closed between Cadillac and Manton, and is detoured via Boon Road, US-131, and M-42/US-131 Business Route.
- US-31, Emmet County, is closed north of Pellston and detoured on M-68, I-75, and East Levering Road.
- US-31 in Traverse City, Grand Traverse County, has one lane open in each direction over the Boardman River.
- M-94, Marquette County, is closed at the Chocolay River with a posted detour.
- M-553, Marquette County, has lane shifts and narrow lanes north of County Road 480.
- US-2, Delta County, has one lane open in each direction between County Road 426 and 18.3 Road.
- US-2, Dickinson County, has one lane open in each direction between Pine Mountain Road and Moon Lake Road.
- US-41 in Hancock, Houghton County, has one lane open in each direction between Reservation Street and the Portage Lake Lift Bridge. The ramp to M-26 is closed with posted northbound and southbound detours.
- US-41 in Marquette, Marquette County, has one lane open in each direction between McClellan Avenue and Front Street.