Northern Michigan Winery Wins ‘Best Riesling In The World’ Award
...and they'll be at the Michigan Food, Beer and Wine Fest at the Dort on Saturday.
Black Star Farms in Suttons Bay has taken home a largely-coveted award - the Best Wine of 2018 - at the 19th Annual Canberra International Riesling Challenge in Australia.
They have vineyards on both the Leelanau and Old Mission Peninsulas, and this isn't the first time they've won such a big award. Here's the current list of their award-winning wines:
- 2017 Arcturos Dry Riesling trophy for Best Riesling in the World; they also won Best Dry Riesling and Best American Riesling.
- 2016 Arcturos Winter Harvest Riesling won an Elite Gold
- 2017 Arcturos Semi-Dry Riesling won Gold
- 2016 Arcturos Dry Riesling won Silver
- Both the 2016 Arcturos Semi-Dry Riesling and the Sparkling Riesling have won Bronze medals
There were over 500 wines entered from all over the world. And here's the best part - you can try out their award-winning wines at the 7th annual Michigan Food, Beer & Wine Fest this Saturday at the Dort Federal Credit Union Event Center.
Tickets are still $30 but will jump to $45 at the door, so get them now - click HERE.