New UIA Work Search Certification Schedule Starts Today
Starting today, the UIA has a new call-in schedule for residents to certify their unemployment.
Michiganders that are collecting unemployment benefits will now be able to call in to certify their eligibility. Starting today, Monday, June 7th, 2021, Michiganders that need to certify their unemployment will have a specific time and day to call, which should help prevent extended wait time for reporting work search activities.
Back on May 30th, 2021 the State of Michigan reinstated the work search requirement for those collecting unemployment benefits. Claimants are required to search for work while collecting benefits and report at least one work search activity per week. Those who fail to search or fail to report their work search activity will lose their benefits for that week.
What day and time do I call to certify my benefits?
Starting today, (6/7/21) the call-in schedule to certify by phone is based on your social security number. Check out the schedule below.
- Last two digits of SSN 00-15
- Monday - 8 am until 12:30 pm
- Last two digits of SSN 16-33
- Monday - 12:30 pm until 4:30 pm
- Last two digits of SSN 34-48
- Tuesday - 8 am until 12:30 pm
- Last two digits of SSN 49-66
- Tuesday - 12:30 pm until 4:30 pm
- Last two digits of SSN 67-81
- Wednesday - 8 am until 12:30 pm
- Last two digits of SSN 82-99
- Wednesday -12:30 pm until 4:30 pm
If you missed your day and time to call, the phones will be open Thursdays and Friday from 8 am until 4:30 pm to report your work search activity.
What number do I call during my certification day and time?
When your scheduled day and time to certify rolls around, claimants can call 866-638-3993.
For all other questions and information for the Unemployment Insurance Agency, click here.
Source: Unemployment Insurance Agency