Crowdfunding Underway For Lapeer Dog Park
A crowdfunding campaign has been launched to raise money for a dog park in Lapeer. The dog park will be part of Rotary Park on East Neppesing Street. The park already features a playground, pavilion, kayak launch, walking trails and municipal parking for guests.
The dog park will feature the following,
- Double gated entries
- Two separate fenced areas (one for large dogs and one for small dogs)
- Dual drinking stations for humans and dogs
- A spray off station to clean off dogs
- Several dog waste stations
- Alternate aggregate surface for high traffic areas (along fence line)
- Shade pavilion as an alternate to trees for shade
- Rubber coated chain link fencing
This park sounds pretty pimp to me - your fur baby is going to love it. If you would like to make a donation to the Lapeer Dog Park, you can donate via credit card here. If you would like to send a check, please make it out to the following,
- Friends of Lapeer Dog Park, 880 S. Saginaw Street, Lapeer, MI 48446
The goal is to reach $50,000 dollars to win a matching grant through the MEDC's Public Spaces Community Places initiative. Damn, this dog park is going to be sweet.
This is such a cool thing for the city of Lapeer, and Lapeer County. As of now the closest dog park to Lapeer is 13 miles away. Rotary Park already has a lot to offer, and this dog park will be the cherry, or should I say the milk bone on top.
I guess I will be getting a dog now.