City of Burton Having Christmas Lights Competition This Year
If you're a Burton resident and you're the Clark Griswold of your neighborhood, this is made for YOU.
The city of Burton is doing its first-ever 'Twas The Lights Before Christmas decorating competition. Amy Clous from Burton Parks & Rec and Mayor Duane Haskins joined us on the show this morning to talk about it and it sounds like a LOT of fun!
"The best part about Burton is we love Christmas. We love activities and bringing the community together; we're hoping that we can bring a little bit of inspiration to peoples' lives. Christmas always seems to be the time in which nothing else matters," said Mayor Haskins.
According to Clous, judges will be looking for the best display of lights, best display of inflatables. The full list of categories is as follows:
- MERRY & BRIGHT: best display of lights
- FA-LA-LA-LA-LA: "whatever you want" decorations
- CREATIVE INFLATABLES: best use of inflatables
- WHITE CHRISTMAS: classic elegance
- REASON FOR THE SEASON: the "true meaning" of Christmas
- CHRISTMAS STORY: Most nostalgic
- NORTH POLE: Santa's Workshop/North Pole
The grand prize is a $100 Visa gift card. You can register online by clicking HERE or you can fill out the form below and mail it in:
Here's the full flyer:
This is a great way to bring some joy to everybody during such a tough year. Thank you to Mayor Haskins and Amy Clous for coming on the show to talk about it this morning!