"It was like a bee sting times 10!" Laura Bowen says the pain was instant and excruciating when she was bitten by a large rattlesnake in her Yard.

The Pinckney woman was doing some yard work and didn't see the snake in the walkway between her home and garage. She tried not to panic when she felt the burning sensation in her leg.

"Just kept telling myself don’t overreact because it’s just probably a garden snake or something," she said. "I took a couple shutter steps and looked back and it was a huge snake."

Luckily Bowen had the presence of mind to snap a couple of pictures of the snake after it bit her. Emergency responders were able to identify it as an Eastern Massasauga Rattlesnake.

After four days in the hospital and 10 vials of anti-venom, Bowen says she's going to be taking a new approach to gardening.

"I think I’m going to buy some garden boots, the rubber ones that are clunky," Bowen said. "Definitely re-thinking my garden attire."

More From Cars 108