It's a common practice, falling asleep to music playing from a cellphone under a pillow, or placing it there in order to muffle the alarm in the morning. But a Texas family learned just how dangerous it can be, when 13-year-old Ariel Tolfree woke up to the smell of something burning in the middle of the night.

Samsung, the manufacturer of the teen's Galaxy S4, posts a warning in the device's user guide stating that covering the phone with bedding or other materials could restrict airflow, and possibly cause a fire.

But who reads warnings?

KDFW has more in the video below. And be sure to give your family and friends the heads up about how dangerous this practice really is.

 
Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

- George McIntyre
Email George Here
Like Cars 108 on Facebook
Connect with George on Facebook