Safety Tips For Motorists and Parents With School Kids
Winter is here and it will be for awhile. When dealing with the snow, sleet and frigid temperatures, this is a good time to remind everyone of the importance of taking every possible precaution to ensure safety on the roads this winter. Here are some winter safety tips:For motorists:
* Give yourself extra time to travel. This allows you to take your time and travel safely.
* Follow the law when sharing the road with a school buses. Stop both directions for loading and unloading.
* Properly maintain your car for safety. Keep an emergency kit in your vehicle.
* Leave home early to get to the bus stop
* Bundle up your student. Use layers of clothes to help keep them warm.
* Pay attention to weather alerts and school messages. Dangerously cold wind chills are a real threat.