Popular Excuses To Avoid A Ticket
Cops, like priests in a confessional, have heard it all. Getting out of a ticket requires the best excuses you can think of. Here are some ideas if you need them.:
In a new survey by Insurance.com they asked 500 drivers on the best excuses they have given to help them avoid the dreaded ticket. If there is a lesson here, it would be to not get too outrageous with your lie.
I think the list is pretty average, no one used extreme lies or falsehoods to try and get out of the ticket. You can probably come up with better lies if you just put your mind to it. In the meantime, here is the list from the survey answers.
1. I couldn't see the sign telling me not to do it: 20. 4%
2. I'm lost and unfamiliar with the roads: 15.6%
3. I didn't know it was broken: 12.4%
4. Everyone else was doing it: 6.4%
5. I'm having an emergency situation in my car. (For instance, spilled a hot drink on your lap.):5.4%
6. I missed my turn/exit: 4.8%
7. I had to go to the bathroom: 4.6%
8. I didn't do anything dangerous: 4.2%
9. I was on my way to an emergency. (For example, to help someone who is ill or injured.): 4%
10. My GPS said it was the right thing to do: 2.2%
11. I'm just helping out; I wasn't even supposed to be driving. (For example, your friend is intoxicated.): 2%