Wisconsin Cat Saves Family from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning – The Good News [VIDEO]
Subscribe to Cars 108 on
This cat is a legit hero.
Annette Shanahan from Reedsburg, Wisconsin, says that in the middle of the night on February 4th, she woke up feeling weak, sick and disoriented. She tried to get up but collapsed on to a chair in the living room…and her husband Kevin was still sleeping.
Kevin said he would’ve slept through it, if not for their cat Gracie. Gracie started pounding on the bedroom door to wake him up, and when he finally got up, he saw his wife in the chair. He called 911, and it was found that there were deadly levels of carbon monoxide in their home.
A vet said that carbon monoxide affects animals faster than humans, which is probably why Gracie was pounding on the door. Everybody, including their two other cats, survived unharmed.