Of all the potential dangers in your home, I bet you wouldn't consider your fridge to be a threat to your family. Luckily, no one was injured when a Florida family's Whirlpool refrigerator exploded, causing extensive damage throughout the family's kitchen and home.

“I was in my room I was asleep and I just heard the bang,” Mark Ligondie told WPTV.

Ligondie was in his parents' home at the time of the blast and said there were cracks in the ceiling and walls of adjacent rooms and a broken bedroom window.

Neighbors who heard the family's smoke alarm rushed over to help. Luckily, no one was hurt.

Digital Trends reports that they've seen a handful of exploding appliances lately, most of which are washing machines that explode because of imbalanced tubs.

Whirlpool issued a statement in response to the explosion, saying in part:   "Whirlpool is committed to providing safe products for consumers. We are working quickly to look into this incident."