What Would You Do to Be Able to Work From Home?
What would you do if you didn't have to go to the workplace everyday? What if you could work at home in you pajamas and slippers if you felt like it? To not have to go to the office, or spend time commuting back and forth would be a real treat. How willing would you be to actually do it? ? According to a new poll some people want to telecommute so much that they’d be willing to sacrifice some rather unusual things just to do it.
The most extreme examples?
About 5 percent of people said they’d actually divorce their spouse in order to telecommute, and 12 percent said they’d be willing to forego daily showers to work at home.
But even the respondents who weren’t willing to be a smelly singleton were ready to give up some pretty significant things:
- 34 percent would give up social media
- 30 percent would give up texting
- 29 percent would give up chocolate
- 25 percent would give up their smart phone
- 20 percent would give up shopping
- 17 percent would give up a salary increase
- 15 percent would give up half of their vacation days
“While [some of] the results of this survey may seem amusing, these findings show that telecommuting will be a force to be reckoned with in the future,” said Holger Felgner, general manager at TeamViewer.