USA Today: Who Has The Best Pasty in Michigan?
The readers have spoken - do you agree?
Big disappointment here - none of the winners are in the Flint area. In fact, most of them are in the UP.
And the winners are:
1. Pasty Central - Kearsarge
2. Muldoon's Pasties & Gifts - Munising
3. Joe's Pasty Shop - Ironwood
4. Lehto's Pasties - St. Ignace
5. Lawry's Pasty Shop - Ishpeming and Marquette
6. Toni’s Country Kitchen - Laurium
7. Jean Kay's Pasties & Subs - Marquette
8. Superior Pasties - Livonia
9. Connie's Kitchen – Calumet
10. Amy J’s Pasty - Hancock
Other nominees include Darrow’s Family Restaurant in Mackinaw City, Dobber's Pasties in Escanaba, Gram's Pasties in Escanaba, Hiawatha Pasties in Naubinway, Hunt's Mackinaw Pastie & Cookie Company in Mackinaw City, Irontown Pasties in Negaunee, The Pasty Oven in Quinnesec, The Pasty Shop in Southgate, Roy's Pasties & Bakery in Houghton and Wildwood Pasties in Moran.
Who do you think should've made the list?