The Coke Video Coca-Cola Doesn’t Want You to See [VIDEO]
Alex Bogusky is a former advertising executive who made a killing creating ad campaigns for junk food giants like Burger King, Domino’s, and Coca-Cola. Since his exit from the advertising world, he’s created a soft drink video that the folks at Coke definitely don’t want you to see.
It’s actually a parody of the Coca-Cola polar bears, an ad campaign he helped create. ‘The Real Bears’ depicts the bears gaining weight, becoming insulin-dependent diabetics, as well as losing teeth, sex drive, and limbs due to excessive sugar consumption.
Bogusky told USA Today that soft drinks aren’t necessarily the root of all evil, but portion size and over consumption are to blame for Americans’ weight problems.
“When consumed in small portions, it’s not a problem. But in huge quantities, it is. I call it portion distortion. When we have small, medium and large that are all too big, people gravitate to the middle.”
He goes on to say that pop is the biggest source of calories in the American diet.
A few truths from The Real Bears’ website:
- Truth: Each additional sugary drink consumed per day increases the likelihood of a child becoming obese by about 60%. Sugary drinks are connected to other health problems
- Truth: Each soda consumed per day increases the risk of heart disease by 19% in men.
- Truth: Drinking one or two sugary drinks per day increases your risk for type 2 diabetes by 25%.
- Truth: Diabetes can lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Truth: Diabetes is the cause of about 60,000 amputations each year.