The Cars 108 ‘Taste Of Home Cooking School’ Is Coming May 8th
You don't even have to like to cook to attend the show...you just have to enjoy eating.
Pioneer Sugar and Cars 108 present The Taste of Home Cooking School 2014 on Thursday, May 8th at the Holiday Inn Gateway Center.
Culinary Specialist Eric Villegas will prepare ten incredible seasonal recipes and share practical and useful kitchen tips that will make you a star in your own kitchen. Doors open at 4pm with vendor exhibits, samples, door prizes and live music. The show starts at 7pm. For complete details on this event, CLICK HERE.
A very limited number of VIP tickets are still available for $45, and include preferred seating, a gift bag, a Taste of Home cookbook and a 5:30pm meet and greet with Eric Villegas, complete with Hors D’ oeuvres. To purchase VIP tickets, CLICK HERE. You’ll also receive a free one year digital subscription for “Taste of Home”, “The Family Handyman” or the “Reader’s Digest.”
General admission tickets are $20 in advance, or $24 at the door, and include a gift bag and a free one year digital subscription to the magazine of your choice. Here's just one of the tempting meals you'll learn how to prepare.
Italian Spiral Meat Loaf Recipe
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
MAKES: 12 servings
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, 3/4 cup pizza sauce, bread crumbs, onion, green pepper, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well.
- On a piece of parchment paper, pat beef mixture into a 12x10-in. rectangle. Layer the ham, 1-1/2 cups cheese and mushrooms over beef mixture to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling parchment paper away as you roll. Seal seam and ends. Place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; brush with remaining pizza sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, 1 hour. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Using two large spatulas, carefully transfer meat loaf to a serving platter. Yield: 12 servings.