Study Says Men Don’t Grow Up Until Age 43
New research commissioned by Nickelodeon UK indicates that men don't grow up until they reach age 43. The study also confirms something we already knew - it takes men longer to grow up than women. Those participating in the study agreed that women reach maturity at age 32. Whatevs.
What does this mean for relationships? Women are twice as likely to feel like they are the 'grown up' in their current pairing. Nearly half (46%) say they've had to mother their male partner a bit too much. Yikes.
On the other hand, 40% of those surveyed said that a partner's immaturity can help keep the relationship fresh and fun. So there!
TOP 30 MALE MATURITY FAILINGS (according to women in the study):
- Finding their own farts and burps hilarious
- Eating fast food at 2 a.m.
- Playing video games
- Driving too fast or 'racing' another car at the lights or on the highway
- Laughing a bit at rude words
- Driving with loud music
- Playing practical jokes
- Trying to beat children at games and sport
- Staying silent during an argument
- .Not being able to cook simple meals
- Re-telling the same silly jokes and stories when with the boys
- Don't like talking about themselves/ having proper conversations
- Hating books/reading because of short attention span/they're boring
- Doing crazy dance moves
- Mom still doing their washing
- Having their mom still make them breakfast/any meal
- Wearing sneakers to night clubs
- Owning a skateboard or BMX
- Not eating vegetables
- Changing jobs regularly
- Getting too excited over bachelor parties
- Sometimes trying to do wheelies/stunts on their bike
- Driving a modified car or one with a loud exhaust
- Showing off about how girls are attracted to them
- Wearing pajamas, specifically cartoon pajamas
- Using shady pickup lines
- Showing off about protein shakes/weight-lifting/how much they 'lift'
- Wearing saggy-crotched jeans
- Having a cartoon bedspread