Phew! Mt. Morris, Burton, and Gaines Don’t Make the List of Michigan’s Most White-Trash Areas
Oh, Road Snacks, what the hell were you thinking, ranking the 10 White-Trashiest cities in Michigan?
There will certainly be people in Warren who take issue with being named the #1 White-Trash city in the Mitt. And we suppose it's possible that some meth heads may be more than a little butt-hurt to learn that their city didn't make the top 10. Well, better luck next time.
Before we let you in on the methodology the website used to determine its ranking, here's a look at the top 10. (Or is this the bottom 10?)
- Bay City
- Port Huron
So Owosso is the only nearby city that makes the list. O-Town earns its spot because of its number of aggravated assaults and for poor, white single mothers on welfare.
So how did they determine which cities had the 'honor' of making it into the top 10? Road Snacks used publicly-available government data and Google Maps, and analyzed the following White-Trash metrics.
- Cities where there are lots of white people
- Cities where residents are poorer than average
- Cities where a high number of residents are high school dropouts
- Cities with a high number of single parents
- High drug use
- Higher than average Payday Loan Outlets
- Violent cities (measured in aggravated assaults)
- Cities with a high number of residents on welfare
The original article is published here.
In other words, this is probably something we shouldn't take too seriously.