‘Man Vs. Wild’ Producer Suffering From Brutal Snake Bite [GRAPHIC PHOTO]
People who star in nature-based reality shows risk their lives to make great TV. For example, the late Steve Irwin was killed by a sting ray. The people behind the scenes face the same dangers. Bear Grylls, host of “Man vs. Wild” tweeted a picture yesterday of the show’s producer’s foot after a brutal snake bite he suffered during filming of the show.
Steve Rankin, the producer, was bitten by a fer-de-lance snake also known as the “ultimate pit viper” while walking in California. Rankin said he was climbing over a tree when the snake bit through his boot and into his foot. The production crew helped him limp through the woods for two hours until a helicopter could airlift him to a hospital in San Jose.
Although there is an antidote to the poisonous venom, if not treated immediately a bite from this snake can be deadly. Rankin credited his team with saving his life.
Bear Grylls tweeted:
Our ‘Man Vs. Wild’ producer [is] suffering from a brutal snake bite . . . fighting the injury with courage.
For those with strong stomachs, click here for the unedited photo. A stong reminder that snakes can be extremely dangerous.