Is Facebook Killing Productivity at Work?
A new survey from TVNZ reveals the top five things that take a toll on productivity in the office. It turns out that Facebook isn't killing productivity at work. It's your slow, confused, disorganized coworkers and bosses that are a much bigger problem.
The average worker wastes one hour and nine minutes at work every day. But only four of those minutes are wasted on social media sites. Here's what we're actually wasting time on . . .
1) Waiting for other people.
2) Doing work that ends up not being used.
3) Sending and replying to emails.
4) Taking care of personal business.
5) IT issues and computer problems.
The study also found that about one in 20 workers admit they don't really have enough work to do, and waste about two hours a day.