A woman bought a can of green beans on sale for 69 cents, and what she found inside will keep her and her family from ever eating canned green beans again.

Gloria Chubb said it all started out as just another day in the kitchen a few weeks ago. She made meat loaf and mashed potatoes, and then heated up a can of green beans for her family in South Bend, which is located just south of the Michigan-Indiana state line.

“I cooked them in the microwave with butter and salt and pepper, put them on the table and my son put some on his dish and said ‘What is this?’ I looked and put it in my hand and said ‘Oh my God, it’s a little frog,’” she said.

Chubb turned the can over to the health department and got a refund for other cans of green beans she bought at Meijer. The canning company in Wisconsin sent her an apology letter and $50, but Chubb said her family still can’t stomach the vegetables.

Meijer, whose corporate headquarters is located in Grand Rapids, is reportedly investigating the incident.