16 Cedar Point Employees, 7 From Flint, Arrested Following Fight
A water main break that shutdown Cedar Point for the weekend apparently left employees with too much on their hands. Sandusky police arrested 16 people, including seven from Flint, following a fight that broke out early Sunday (6/8) morning.
Ohio TV station WKYC reports the following people were arrested for disorderly conduct and aggravated rioting:
- Lavon Epps, 19, of Flint, Mich.
- DeShaun Harris, 20, of Flint, Mich
- Brandon Williams, 21, of Flint, Mich.
- Kyreese Whitacker, 21, of Flint, Mich.
- Sterling Jenkins, 24, of Flint., Mich.
- Rick Miles, 23, of Flint., Mich.
- Ja'Quan Pittman, 22, of Flint, Mich.
- Lawanda Harris, 21, of Detroit
- Cashia Moyer, 19, of Youngstown
- Jarrett Stennis, 22, of Southfield, Mich.
- Joshua Brown, 32, of Ypsilanti, Mich.
- Marquise Nicholson, 19, of Detroit
- Galen Hobdy, 20, of Canton
- Curtis Prentice, 23, of Canton, also charged with resisting arrest
- Dajon Williams, 19, of Roseville, Mich.
- James Ewing, 21, of Detroit
The fight broke out in the recreation area of Cedar Point Commons, which is the housing area for park employees. All 16 were taken to the Erie County jail.
The video below details the water main break which closed the park over the weekend.